Quality of life whether in the workforce or in our private lives is a salient topic of today, and a very important outcome of self-care. Studies show mindfulness can mediate the feeling of being drained at the end of the day. We can learn new ways of attending to life, in order to manage our energy expenditures so that satisfaction in our jobs or work of any kind may be vastly increased.
Karen started her own personal journey to holistic and soul-based wellness 32 years ago, and has since discovered connections between the spiritual and religious traditions and the new mind/body psychology (which includes the current neuroscience), while attaining her Bachelor of Science degree in human development.
One of the general consensus’ is that the location of our consciousness can’t be found nor measured under a microscope. However, it’s definitely part of the whole person. Relatedly, for example, neuroscientists have not found a specific center, nor a primary network of connections that relate to motivation in the brain. Moreover, research supports the mindfulness relationship to health and spirit. Mental capacity can be increased, sleep quality enhanced, energy levels expanded, a sense of meaning and purpose realized, and more…
Accordingly, Karen’s clients learn to use mindfulness practices. Karen has attributed her own increased ability to significantly lower her stress levels to mindfulness practices. This experience has validated her holistic orientation to life! The mindfulness lifestyle in particular has expanded her capacity to decrease her feeling of self-consciousness when around others. Consequently, this has increased her joy in achieving a finer connection to, and acceptance of self and others. Mindfulness has also afforded her more ability to complete the things she wants to do, as well.
Here’s a quiz to find out more about mindfulness. It’s a fun way to learn how it can apply to our lives!
Book a FREE Holistic Life Coaching Sample Session Now!
“At times when events at work and in the world dampen the spirit, coaching brightens the path.” Marcia Reynolds
Karen helps holistic seekers with self-care that feeds their souls…
Curious about what Life-Coaching is about? Not sure if it would be a good fit for you? Sign up and meet Karen for a FREE no obligation 30-minute consultation session today!
- Alloy, L.B., Riskind, J.H., Manos, M.J. (2005), Abnormal psychology: Current perspectives, 9th edition, New York, NY: McGraw Hill
- Awakenings Institute. (2022). Spiritual and holistic coaching.
- Baer, R.A. (2003). Mindfulness training as a clinical intervention: A conceptual and empirical review. American Psychological Association. V10 N2, 125-143.
- Brown, K.W. & Ryan, R.M. (2003). The benefits of being present: Mindfulness and its role in psychological well-being. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 84, 822-848.
- Delgado, C., Upton, D., Ranse, K., Furness, T., Foster, K. (2017) Nurses’ resilience and the emotional labour of nursing work: An integrative review of empirical literature. International Journal of Nursing Studies, 70, 71-88. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnurstu.2017.02.008.
- Garrett, B. (2015). Brain & behavior: An introduction to biological psychology 4th Edition Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications, Inc.
- Greeson, J. M., Webber, D. M., Smoski, M. J., Brantley, J. G., Ekblad, A. G., Suarez, E. C., & Wolever, R. Q. (2011). Changes in spirituality partly explain health-related quality of life outcomes after Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction. Journal of behavioral medicine, 34(6), 508–518. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10865-011-9332-x
- Hutchinson, H. (2022, November 8). Feeling stuck? Using the past to create the future. Coaching Compass.
- Hülsheger U. R. Alberts H. J. E. M. Feinholdt A. & Lang J. W. B. (n.d.). Benefits of mindfulness at work : the role of mindfulness in emotion regulation emotional exhaustion and job satisfaction. Journal of Applied Psychology 310–325.
- McAdams, D.P. (2009). The person: An introduction to the science of personality psychology, 5th edition. Hoboken, NJ: A John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Penn Arts and Sciences Positive Psychology Center. (2022, October 30). Mindful Attention Awareness Scale. https://ppc.sas.upenn.edu/resources/questionnaires-researchers/mindful-attention-awareness-scale
- The University of Sydney Business School. (2022, October 21). Research highlights: Managing emotional labour. [Video]. YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2KoBk8cBs0